We are delighted that you are considering membership to become part of our effort to promote travel and tourism in Ludington & Mason County. Please do not hesitate to call us at (231) 845-5430 if you have questions. To request a membership packet, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
Brandy Henderson, Executive Director
Ludington Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
email@example.com or (231) 845-5430
Benefits of CVB membership include:
- Free listing in the Official Pure Ludington Destination Guide
- Free listing and link on the Ludington Area CVB website at PureLudington.com.
- Referral support from the office of the LACVB
- Opportunity to display brochures at our local visitor information centers and the Lake Michigan Carferry ticket office
- Professional Photography of your property (assessing members only) to use for marketing and advertising purposes
- Exclusive advertising and partnership opportunities
There are two types of membership within the Ludington Area CVB, Associate and Assessing membership.
All lodging facilities qualify as CVB assessing members which means there are no annual dues. By joining, lodging facilities are required to charge a 5% assessment fee on all short-term (under 30 days) room rentals. The 5% assessment fee is paid to the Ludington Area Convention & Visitors Bureau through an independent accounting firm. Lodging facilities with 10 or more units for rent are required by Michigan State law to be members of their local Convention & Visitors Bureau. Lodging facilities with less than 10 units may decide to opt in as an assessing member. However, once they become an assessing member, it is a binding agreement for that property, for life, and they may not opt out.
Non-lodging businesses or individuals are eligible for Associate Membership. Dues are $200 per year.